Monday, April 20, 2009

I am in love...



He´s dark and furry, with almost-purple eyes. He sucks on my toes and wimpers when he wants lovin´. I showed up at the bus terminal the other day to head back to my community from the city, and my neighbor was there, unexpectadly. She put a cardboard box in my arms containing a one-month-old puppy. He´s all grey with little white paws and neck, and way too small to be away from his mama. So I´m taking over the position, and it´s exhausting being a new mom with no maternal leave. I´ve never even had a dog before. His name is Shambo Sununu, shambo being Hindi for Lord Shiva or ¨plenty,¨ and sununu meaning ¨thunder¨ in Guarani.

(Don´t worry, Bobo, my neighbor plans to take him when I´m done here.)

2 comments:

mamakani said...

i just don't know what libby would say! but all you dog lovers out there probably understand and how could you say know to a baby being thrust into your arms. go mama go!

Bobi said...

Phew!!!