Monday, March 9, 2009

You never know

So, I was enjoying cocktail hour on the balcony of my AsunciĆ³n hotel room. My friend, David, and I were complaining about the lack of music choices in Paraguay, how the same songs are blasted from every radio as early as 4:30am, and how these songs are circulated for a looong time before they are considered exhausted. David then sees a group of five walking on the sidewalk below us, carrying what look like music stands and instrument cases. I yell down to them, asking where they´re going, and they reply with a question of their own: where are we from? Then they set their bags down and give us an impromptu acapela rendition of a beautiful American song. And then they left us both speechless. Sometimes you just never know.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

a serendipitous melody for you! i would expect nothing less. peace princess